Friday, September 14, 2007

Today is DAY 11 ... I think

Today was a hard day. We started off by heading up to Benton Harbor YMCA to check out a class for Evan and then looking into membership for old tub-o (me). Well, we were late for Evan's class, so we just got a look at the place. It it a wonderful place and has great classes, for both Evan and I. But I am afraid the drive would kill me. Especially in the winter, I am not a good snow driver. Although, I might be better, now that I have my mom car. (right at this moment the boys are DUMPING out every toy they have all over the place, and Mike should be home in like 10 minutes!!) Anyway, I think I will look into the YMCA (are you singing yet?) in Michigan City, a bit closer and maybe more do-able. So from there we go to McDonalds for lunch. Evan eats and then I have to bribe him into climbing on the play land stuff. He doesn't want to do any of it, regardless of the fact that Nicholas has climbed to the top and is jumping off like he is Superman! Finally, Evan starts to climb around in this germ infested jungle gym, and I am actually happy about it. Well, then this little 4 year old girl comes in, she starts playing with Evan. She is 4 so she is telling Evan what to do and where to climb and all that kind of stuff. So I am sitting there watching and being so happy. Nick is all over the place! Then my sweet little Evan hits this girl in the face, right if front of me and the other mom! OMG, I was in total shock. Now at home I am used to saying yelling at Evan to not hit Nick, but I was not prepared for this. So I make him take a time-out and he goes crazy!!!! He won't sit up, he is screaming at the top of his lungs, trying to take his shirt off and all the time I am just standing there in amazement. Then he says to me (in front of the other mom) "I hit Nicky at home". Well, yes you do Dameon, but not in public. I was so glad that we were out of town! We quickly ran to the car and came home. Evan went to sleep in about 2 minutes and looked like a little angel, little devil is more like it. By the time I was home, I was fine and one of Nancy's fancy brownies did the trick for me!!!!

1 comment:

Patti said...

OMG, I am laughing my ---off! My has life changed for you! I can just see the three of you running out of McDonalds!