Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The counter top guys are here!!!

I have a giant headache! They were to be here between 10-12, they showed up at 12! They must be associated with the cable company! They are not very friendly either. I have had lots of workers in here and they have been so pleasant. But these guys are just plain cranky! I hope all goes well, I don't want to get in a fight with them. With my charming personality, you probably think that could never happen, right??

Today is DAY 7!!!!! I even survived yesterday. Mike had a hard day at work yesterday, he had a golf outing, poor thing. So he left at 9 am and returned home at 11 pm. Of course since he held Nick ALL DAY SUNDAY, Nick was screaming bloody murder when he left, how nice for mommy. The plumber was here and put in my beautiful sink. How funny is that, I am getting excited about a sink, where have the years gone? The boys and I walked to the beach and caught the rail road tracks being fixed. So all of these different RR vehicles were going by right in front of us, Evan's eyes were as big as saucers. It was kinda like watching Mike watch the Playboy channel. All the guys were honking at us, so Evan loved that. Then when we got to the NB bridge, there was a guy fishing. So we had to stop and watch him. He was just bringing in his catch for the day, only one fish. He asked us if we wanted it? HA HA We made it to the beach and Evan came home covered in sand. Good day.

Well, I wonder if these guys need help carrying in the counter tops? I'm afraid to go into the kitchen, they are making lots of noise!

Yesterday Nick drove the Retro Rocket down into the living room. I was at the island making Evan something to eat and we hear this noise and then crying. Evan runs over to the landing and says 'mama Nicky big crash'. He survived, he is going to be my dare devil. I know have to strap him into his high chair. If I don't he climbs right out, I wonder if he is trying to tell me something about what I am feeding him!

Gotta run and help the workers!!! I have on my Zoning badge today!

2 comments:

Purcy said...

Sounds like life in Mayberry is fun as can be Donna. Same here in Naperville (Stepford). We will be getting new floors installed next month, we have to leave the house for 10 days, so we decided to bug out to the beaches of So. Carolina for a week! That will make them the most expensive floors in the history of flooring. Anyway, just thought I'd weigh in on your blog. I've cut back my beer consumption too, FYI, and have lost 5 lbs. in the past 10 days! It's amazing how much the booze will affect the waistline, especially as I get older ( I turn 40 next week, *argh* )

Take care!

Donna said...

40???? How can that be???? You are just a baby!!!