Friday, September 14, 2007

ALL the way up the stairs

Yesterday on DAY 10, I was too worn out to post, well my heart was just beating too fast. Normally when I have to use the ladies room at home, both of the boys follow me in and are fascinated by most everything in the bathroom. Evan tells me 20 times over and over that I do not have a penis, OK I get that. And Nick opens all the drawers to use them as a stair case so that he can climb onto the vanity, to climb up to the light fixture, to jump over to the shower rod, to use it like he is practicing for the 2016 gymnastics! So I am doing my business with no entertainment for once, I might have sat an extra 2 seconds. So when I come out, Evan is sitting at the kitchen table looking at a book. I ask him where is Nick? He calmly states 'in the living room'. He is not. So I look by the front door, a favorite place of his, because he is always trying to escape. Then on to dad's office, that door is closed, so that is safe. Then down the hallway to the guest room, he is not in there or the guest bathroom. And I have to look everywhere because daddy has started playing hide-n-seek with the boys and Nick loves to hide in very small places. And when he does, he just sits until you find him, Evan on the other hand will repeat over and over, 'find me ma-ma', until you find him. Anyway, back down the hallway I head, back into the kitchen, check under the island, no Nick. Look in the new room, under the dining room, no Nick. I am just about to blame Evan for finally getting rid of his little brother, when I hear, much to my dismay, the pitter patter of little feet running down the hallway UPSTAIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I flew up the stairs in like 3 steps, around the landing and caught up with him as he was headed into our room! I was floored! I pick him up and very loudly, because my heart was beating so hard, tell him that he can not come up the stairs by himself. He just looks at me and grins. Then as I am walking down the stairs with him, he just looks over at me and puckers his lips, meaning he wants to kiss me. He had better kiss me after he almost gave me a heart attack! So I wanted to have a beer then too, but I didn't. I just kinda sat down with both the boys and tried to breath normal again! Nicky is going to be in the ER way before Evan ever is. He is a little dare devil.

No comments: