Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day 3

What happened to DAY 2, well where do I start. Maybe I missed DAY 2, because that is how long it took me to figure out how to post on my blog!! I swear this blog thing could drive me to drink! I guess Tuesday was my first full day of not drinking, but it was a challenge! The day time part was fine, not having a shower until 2 p.m. was ok, watching Nick try to climb into the shower from the bath tub didn't even throw me over the top. I put him in a DRY tub with lots of toys while I shower, he tries the whole time to climb out of the tub to get to me. It's like watching a turtle try to get out of a fish tank. (Hope Larissa or Sue aren't reading any of this.) We went to Chicago for an evening Cubs game, oh that's any easy night of not drinking! First of course, we go to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. I figure since I am not drinking I can eat more food! Dinner was fantastic!! Then since I was the D.D., I will drive us to Wrigley. Well after going over 2 curbs and almost hitting a pedestrian, getting yelled at by a very angry Chicagoan, (Thank God for NB) we made it into the park. Well almost, Amy and I had to have our bags searched in case we were carrying in any weapons, the only weapon I could have had was a dirty diaper! Wouldn't that be funny if the guy stuck his hand in my diaper bag and out it came, messy! Just the thought of me taking in a diaper bag to a Cubs game is kinda funny! So Robin has Evum and she gets right in and RUNS to our seats, I still don't know why? So Amy and I are mooing through the crowd of Chicagoans, some of them not so friendly, we were about to find. This guy is pushing a wheelchair and decides that Amy is not walking fast enough, he tries to drive it up her back legs. She squeals out in agony. I of course am right there to help her because Robin has escaped with my first born. I turn and look at this angry man and smack him right in the face, he falls flat on his back, I then proceed to beat up the lady in the wheel chair. Then I scoop up Amy, carry her the mile to the First Aid station. Hold her hand through all the x-rays, cat scan, stitches and pain shots. All the time wondering if my first born is having his first beer! After we get Amy's crutches we are able to finally work our way to our seats. Where we find Robin in glee with Evum! Well, some of that really happened. Robin did escape with Evum and Amy did get hit by a wheel chair. The guy was a real hum dinger, I really did want to hit him with my diaper bag. But I thought if I get kicked out of a Cubs game sober, I would be really mad. Her heel really was scraped up, I didn't really carry her to First Aid, although I could have, just throw her up on my hip like I do Nick. Anyway, the game was great. We managed to stay until the 7th inning stretch. Evum seemed to really enjoy himself and Nick didn't eat any foreign objects! We had a really good evening at the game.

No comments: