Friday, September 7, 2007

Barney Fife Messinger

Calling all cars, calling all cars. I took the boys to Niles, MI today to a going out of business furniture place. Tons of stuff and I only took the umbrella stroller. So that means one kid in the stroller, one kid on my hip. Well, we started with Evan in the stroller. That didn't last too long, too hard to push the stroller on carpet and Nick is heavy! (Not as heavy as Amy, but that is another story) So Nick is put in the stroller, Evan throws a mini fit, but I just walk away and pretend he is not with me, I think that makes him mad. Then I was ready to shop, I found some incredible sales. But about the exciting part of my day. We were headed home on 12, when I noticed a truck driving over all over the place in front of me. I quickly jumped on my cell phone and called 911. The guy was driving really bad, so I decided to follow him to see if the police really do show up. Well he pulls off the road I told 911, so I was like do I call 911 back and tell them where he is now? Then he goes by a school and I am just holding my breath. So about 30 seconds later, right as I was getting ready to do a citizens arrest, I already had my Zoning Committee badge on, a cop pulls up and zips between me and the truck. He follows very close behind him, and then pulls the guy over. I casually drive by and then I am out in the middle of nowhere and very lost. So I turn around and drive back by the scene of the crime. I'm thinking the cop will probably pull me over and tell me that I am such a good citizen for calling in a drunk driver, and then I can go on and or about how I don't even drink! (Well for 4 days at least) When I pull up by the cop car, the person is out of the truck and kinda weaving around. I say person, because I think it was a woman. Either it was the ugliest woman I have ever seen, or it was the ugliest guy I have ever seen with boobs. So that was my excitement of the day. We were coming home on Route 12 and thank God there was not a cop behind me, because after hearing 'ma-ma I need help' 37 times in a row, I was trying to pick up Henry and fix Evan's shoes and I was probably driving all over the place too!

No comments: