Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Food Drive



We completed the food drive last week. It was a great success!! Our goal was 540 pounds and I was afraid that we would not get there, but we got there and some! We ended up taking 630 pounds to the Food Pantry last Wednesday, see the boys in the back of mommy's station wagon. Thank you everyone for your wonderful donations, they did a great article about the food drive in the paper, very nicely written. I should of given him my blog address! So after we took the food in, 3 more donations have been brought to the house. A young couple came to the door yesterday with about 50 pounds of food and a check for $100.00!!! WOW!!! I was so excited, the ladies at the food pantry will be so happy! So we are going over there today, to drop things off and give them the check! Now I wonder what our goal will be for next year!!!!

No comments: