Friday, October 12, 2007

Evan got ran over by mommy's scissors!

Well here he is, my beautiful little boy with a mommy haircut! My dad gave me these clippers about 2 months ago and I have been dying to try them out, just looking for the right victim. So on Tuesday night while I had both boys in the tub, I was reading the directions on the clippers. Evan noticed what I was looking at and very graciously said "Nicky first mommy". That from the kid who won't share a single toy with his baby brother. Anyway, I didn't do any actual clipping until Wednesday night. Evan was having a mini melt down during the haircut, he kept telling me that it hurt, but trust me there was no blood, so I know he was ok. I thought I had done a pretty good job and I couldn't stand the screaming anymore, and Nick was crawling around in the cut hair and trying to eat the cord to the clipper. So I decided we were done, Mike took both boys upstairs and put them in the shower while I cleaned up the hair. When I got upstairs and Evan's hair was wet, I was high fiving myself for doing such a good job. He went to bed happy and so did mommy. Then the next morning when his hair was dry, oh boy. Thank goodness he is a boy! It was not such a good job! But we had to go to school, so no time to get the clippers out that morning. As soon as we got to school, before the boys even had their coats off, Ms. Margaret their teacher said, "Evan you got a haircut". I couldn't help but laugh. So last night after dinner, we got back to the clipping. Evan was much more relaxed, since he knew that it was not going to hurt. Nick was in his high chair, so he was not eating the clipper cord or Evan's hair. The haircut came out much much better. He looks so different, kinda more big boyish. Which I don't really like, but just a little change. This photo is him going up the stairs last night, he looks like he is telling me to throw the clippers away! Nick is next!!!!!!! hee hee

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Donna

Oh goodness, that turned out much better than I had imagined, no offense. But when I cut Danielle's hair when she was little, I actually gave her a mullet, and I have pictures to prove it! And I actually let her walk around looking like that when I should've gotten it fixed.
Evan looks adorable!