Monday, February 11, 2008

Just another fun day at the Messingers

Let's see what happened today in the house. Since it is 1 degree outside the boys and I have been camping inside. I think the gas in my car is probably frozen, can't remember the last time I actually drove it someplace. We have been staying close by the fireplace. The boys are currently watching The Polar Express, will Christmas ever end. But gotta tell you about my morning. I had to be on-line at exactly 11:20 this am, per instructions from my husband. I needed to print out our boarding passes. So I call my sister at 11, we are chatting away, well then Evan starts yelling about something. I swear all I have to do is scratch my ear, and he thinks I am on the phone, so he needs my undivided attention. So I am trying to quiet him down while still on the phone with my sister, not wanting to ruin her hearing, I say I had better get off the phone and deal with Evan. I get off the phone lecture him for yelling at me while I was on the phone; tell him that it is not polite. I swear I am gonna beat that word into head if it is the last thing I do! Anyway, he tells me very casually that he has a dirty diaper. Ok, it is now 11:10 I can change a diaper and be on-line at 11:20. I pull off his pajamas, yes he still has his pajamas on, it's not like we are leaving the house, why get another set of clothes dirty. The cleaning lady/laundry lady doesn't come this week, RIGHT! So when I un-zip him, there is no diaper. Oh I know this trick; the diaper comes off, then gets pushed all the way down the pant leg of the pajamas, where it rests. All I can say is Thank God he had on footed pajamas! The diaper was not just wet. Oh brother. So I access the situation. I can just re-zip him and wait for daddy to come home, I can throw him in the tub or I can have a drink, but wait it is 11:15. Oh yeah, I have to be on line at 11:20! So I put on my rubber gloves and then undress Evan, not a pretty site. All the time trying to keep Nick clear of everything. Take him into the tub, run about 1/2 inch of water and put him in. He tells me that it is cold. And I note brown. I tell him that he has to say 'Twas the night before Christmas' poem for me. I figure if I can hear him talking I will know that he is not drowning. Just give me the Mother of the Year award right now! So I run to the computer with Nick on my lap. Get on the website and print out our boarding passes. Don't get the lowest numbers in the world, but we are fine. The whole time I am talking to Evan, so that I know he is above the 1/2 inch of water. When I finish I take Nick in to get him out of the tub. When I round the corner, Evan is laying down in the tub. My freaking heart stops for a split second. Then I hear Evan say, 'now dash away, dash away, dash away all'. He was lying down because there was no water in the tub and he was trying to keep some of his body wet I guess.

Just a normal morning at the Messingers! Sorry I don't have pictures to post.

Can hardly wait for the lines at the airport, the hauling of the bags, the delayed flights (it is snowing right now), the actual flight, the glares from people traveling without 2 small boys, the screaming when their ears are popping, how much further can I go? Really looking forward to some sunshine, but not the trip.

Mike and I are flipping a coin in the morning to see who gets Nick on their lap! Evan gets his very own seat, hopefully we can get him seated behind another kid, one who won't mind his seat being kicked for 2 hours!

2 comments:

mamaofsix said...

Hilarious! It's like reliving my life thru you:-) Even though I am still going through the exact same thing!! LOL!! Ari is notorious for making a mess in her room from her $*#*. But the good thing is, she's pretty much potty trained! Yeah! Have a safe trip! I am sure you will have many more stories to tell:-)

One Busy Momma said...

Way too funny! As long as it is NOT me!!!!!
Cant wait to hear about your trip!