Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I think I served breakfast too late today ...

Well, I am finally trying to get back into a routine, if that is what you call what I do around here. After being gone for 5 days, I am out of sorts. I arrived home on Saturday around 5, I was so happy to see my boys and my wonderful hubby. I was in bed by 9 that evening. Then the next day we had a Superbowl party, because we have to have a party if there is football on the TV. That night I was in bed by 10.
Then Monday it was really foggy outside, but it was even foggier inside! I was exhausted. I moved from one sofa to the next, doing nothing. I let the boys watch a video in the guest room, just so I could keep them both on the bed and I could drift off! Last night the boys went to bed at 8:30, I was in bed at 8:31.

Today is a new day!

I got up and worked out, that always makes me feel better. Came home, actually took a shower today, did 2 loads of laundry, unpacked my suitcase, put everyone's clean clothes away and straightened up the upstairs. Then the boys and I finally headed downstairs for breakfast. Since I am such a wiz in the kitchen, today they were having oatmeal and kiwi. Kiwi on the side, they both love it. Anyway, as I was slaving over the stove to make oatmeal, Nick wants more milk. Evan proceds to hide his sippy so that he cannot get to his milk. I see all this going on even as I am whipping up their delicious breakfast. So I put Evan in a time out. Time outs are so much fun at my house. Now that he is 3, he has to sit still for 3 minutes, which seems more like 30 minutes. He is told over and over that time outs do not start until he is done screaming. I am trying very hard to get the screaming under control. His and mine. Anyway, he finally gets through his time out. I always need to have a talk with him after, so that he knows why he has been sitting. I know he forgets, because he screams for so long and then he forgets. And normally he is taking a time out for something that he did to Nick, and before his time out if over Nick is taking him toys and playing with him. So this is the conversation we had.

Me: Evan you can get up, your time out is over.
Evan: Ok mommy.
Me: Evan do you know why you were taking a time out.
Evan: No mommy. (as sweet as can be)
Me: You were taking a time out because you hid Nick's milk.
Evan: Ok mommy.
Me: You had to sit there longer because you were screaming. Time outs do not start until you are quiet. Do you understand that?
Evan: Ok mommy.
Me: You need to not scream anymore, that just makes you have to sit longer and it is not polite. Do you know what polite means?
Evan: I don't know mommy.
Me: It means you have to be nice. Especially when you are at somebody's house. Next week we will be at somebody's house and you cannot scream there.
Evan: Nicky too, and daddy and you?
Me: Yes, we will all be at their house and you cannot scream there. Do you understand?
Evan: Maybe they will have some food too?

I think I waited to long to feed them breakfast today!

We are back at it today. We are meeting some MOPS moms at McDonald for lunch. Then I have the wonderful treat of grocery shopping.

Maybe tonight, I will start looking for clothes to pack for the boys. I can hardly wait to climb aboard that plane with 2 little boys!

No comments: