Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I should finish my Florida post ...

Let's see, after we left Disney we drove to my cousins for a picnic that was really fun. He has 3 kids, and fantastic playroom that the boys loved. So we spent the afternoon there. Then on to spend the night with my parents at Uncle Bob's house. The boys were good until bedtime, of course. We did not have a pack-n-play, we were just going to make Evan a little bed on the floor and then put Nick in bed with us. Well as you can imagine, that was so easy!! Evan did not want to have anything to do with a bed on the floor, the screaming started. I was trying to get him settled, trying to do 6 loads of laundry and trying not to hit my mom over the head with a frying pan. I can type that in here, because she has no idea what a blog is. My mom and dad think that when Mike and I are around, Evan and Nick are the devil children. I wish I had a dime for every time my mom has said to me 'well, every time we put them down to sleep we never have a problem, they just go right to sleep.' Oh brother. And there is no use arguing with my mother because in her memory she raised 4 of the most perfect children on the planet. Now I can remember having lots of fighting and screaming and such going on at HER house, but per her, all of us were perfect. I wonder why then when I was about 5 and Dottie was 4 and we were, probably for the only time ever, fighting. And my dad was watching us, he took Dottie into the bathroom and because she was so little she could fit into the bottom of the linen closet, he put her in there and then flushed the toilet. He then opens the door because I was ready to punch her again or do whatever I was doing. And he calmly explained that he had flushed her down the toilet because he was sick and tired of hearing us fight. Now since I am 5 and Dottie was extremely little, I was convinced that he did just that. I started wailing. I don't remember for how long, probably until Dottie jumped out of the closet laughing. I think I jumped on her again and started punching away, I really can't remember, I was too traumatized. So we were so perfect! Anyway that was a fun evening. Finally around midnight Evan went to sleep in bed with Mike, Nick and I. A double bed no less. I picked him up and put him on the floor on his really cute little bed. When he woke in the morning he was under the night stand! We had a nice breakfast, no crying. Then loaded the mini van and started our drive to Sanibel. Mike will do all the driving and I will keep the boys from screaming. At around 12:30 things are getting dicey. I say to Mike, 'are you planning on a lunch stop?' He looks at me like I am crazy. 'No, I was planning on driving straight through.' ok, here we go. More animal crackers please. When we get to Sanibel, I make him stop for milk and some food to take to Scott and Sandy's house. As soon as we get in the store, there was this little woman giving out samples of bread I think, the boys took to them like they had not eaten in a month. We finally after 5 hours arrive at the house, YEAH. We had such a good visit. Christianna was so excited to see the boys and we were so happy to see her. She is becoming such a little lady. One of the first things I notice about the house, is new living room furniture, 3 pieces, very nice, very clean, will get back to that later. We were having a wonderful visit until Nicky got sick. Poor thing. He was down in his pack-n-play, I thought asleep. But I could hear Evan and Nick both crying out. I ran downstairs and as soon as I opened the door to our room, oh no. Poor little Nicky, there he sat, covered from head to foot. And Evan was standing up in his pack-n-play giving me a play by play. 'Nicky choked, Nicky choked mommy.' So that was a fun night. Then the next morning, Nick is in bed with Mike and I take Evan upstairs to get our day started. I sit him in the new chair with his milk while I get him some breakfast. I come around the corner and he is now sitting in it . . . all over the brand new chair. I about lost it right there. Not because Evan was covering in uck, but because Sandy's brand new chair was covered in uck. I yelled out to Scott for help. I actually was thinking that I needed to put something on the chair, so that it would not stain. I picked Evan up and moved him to a dry area and ran for clean towels. Poor Scott got caught in the mess, he was helping me clean it up like he did it. I thought about it later and he was probably like, what in the hell did I do to get and clean up this mess? We cleaned up the chair and Evan was just standing there the whole time staring at us, I felt so bad for him. What a mess. So of course later on in the day, I had to get it too. I'm not sure what it was, but not a fun day. Especially at someone else's house, not exactly where you want to be sick. We all survived though. But I lost a whole day. I was so mad. There I was laying in bed feeling like crap and I knew that it was so nice and sunny out. Nothing I could do though. The next day I felt fine, our last day of course. We made the most of it. Walked to the beach, went out to lunch at the Bubble Room, hung out with Christianna. We had a great time, just way too short.

Now we are home to the snow!!!!! The boys are napping right now. When they get up, I am putting them both in the tub for a long warm soak. And besides, they need to have different pj's on tonight when Mike gets home from work. They have been in the same ones since Monday!

Evan wants to go out in the snow, but it is just too cold for them. Next year for sure.

1 comment:

One Busy Momma said...

So sorry everyone got sick! yuck!
Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better now and wanting to play in the snow! Just so you know... 20 min in the snow expends a days worth of energy!!!! *wink*
Denise