Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Potty training??




Well I kinda attempted the potty training thing. We were outside and they were in the sandbox in their diapers, then Evan's diaper just suddenly came off, that is how he puts it. So then they were naked and I talked Evan into going to the bathroom outside, I thought maybe if he could see what was going on ... who knows? Anyway, after he did go, he was very excited, then he wanted big boy underpants on. So I let him pick out what he wanted to wear, he picked Batman. Even though we have Thomas underwear, kinda weird for my totally Thomas boy. Maybe he did not want to get Thomas dirty! So of course, then Nick has to have underwear on too, they were hanging off of his little body! The boys decided it would be fun to get the sand all wet and then throw it all over themselves, so that is what they did. They love to come into the house still wet, so my house is always full of sand. I'm going to replace my dining room table with beach chairs!


Oh well, my house is never clean! Every window has finger smudges starting at about 3 foot and down. Yesterday I was on the couch trying to just relax for 5 minutes before I went to get my pedicure, ha. Anyway, I told the boys 'just play with your trains and let mommy lay here on the couch for 10 minutes.' All was good for about 5 minutes, I was dreaming about Donny Osmond, when I heard what sounded like a big bird hitting the window. They sometimes do that, and then they kinda fall asleep outside the window, so we have to remove them quickly. So I hear this big noise and I get right up, both the boys are standing right there by the french doors and Evan says that there is a bee in the house. So I look at what he is pointing at, it is a fly, rather large, but not a bee. I look down at them and ask them what that loud sound was, Evan says calmly, 'Nicky threw his sippy cup at the bee.' Thank goodness he was not playing with one of his dump trucks at the time. Geez!

1 comment:

One Busy Momma said...

Good luck with the Potty Training!!! We have one done, one in process and two more to go. It's a long journey sometimes.

They look so cute in their big boy pants!!!!

Too funny bout the fly and the sippy cup! All bugs in our house are bees also.... funny how they pick up on that!

Denise