Thursday, August 28, 2008

How did this happen so fast?



How can it be?

We just came home from pre-school orientation for Evum!

When did he get old enough for school?

When did he get potty trained? He loves to tell EVERYONE that he can now poop in the toilet!

When did all of this happen?

Here is a picture taken of him tonight, sitting on Daddy's lap reading a Thomas book. We had just gotten back from school and he was hungry, wanted a PB&J sandwich and milk. He did wear clothes to school, but I made him get undressed to eat, I do enough laundry everyday! This other picture was taken of him at 5 months in Guatemala. It is still one of my favorites of him, he looks so Evan! I thought for sure he would be going through a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread every morning, but he has slimmed down quite a bit. Could be my cooking, nah!!

Today we went to MC to buy supplies for NB, diapers .. but only for Nick, YEAH. So we are at a stop light and there are these motorcycles next to us, so I say to the boys look at the big bikes. One of the guys has a doo-rag thingy on his head, whatever you call those things. Evan looks at him and says, 'he must be going to a pirate ship'. Then we get to the giant grocery store and I am letting both of the boys walk, so Evan is 10 feet in front of me and Nick is just lumbering along, ho-hum. So I get a cart and can still see Evan while Nick just kinda walks around the corner. Well I figure no big deal, he NEVER walks fast. So when I come around the corner all 28" of him has disappeared. I just say 'Nick, where are you', trying to not sound alarmed. Well then 3 seconds have gone by and all of the racks are high and no sight of my little guy. So I say in a much louder voice, 'NICK, NICK, NICK', trying not to totally freak Evan out. I turn around and still no Nick. I see this clerk about 50 feet away, I was just about ready to tell her to do a lock down on this entire store because I can't find my little boy, when he just kinda wanders out from 'somewhere'. Totally freaked me out. I told Mike he was only out of my entire sight for 5 seconds max, but I was ready to shut down the store. Can't imagine if something really scary would happen.

Just thought of something on a lighter note, as I have my little Nicky on my lap as I try to type. We were walking over to the school tonight and my wonderful husband the brain surgeon was telling me a story that happened at work today. It still makes me laugh. He was talking about somebody talking about what their kid learned in kindergarten and the kinds of paperwork they send home for the kids to do. So Mike the brain surgeon tells this guy that Evan can already read! What the heck are you talking about? Mike actually thought that Evan could read, because Evan has so many of his books memorized. OMG, how funny is that?

On a much lighter note, I just noticed that the new shirt I wore to school tonight is not buttoned up in the back. I bet the other moms are still talking about it. Holy crap. I was worried about Evan wetting his pants, and I am half dressed for his new teacher. Thank goodness this is NB!

Gotta get these guys to bed.

No comments: