Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nick is 2!!




Nicholas is 2! And I am finally posting again, we have been so busy, can't imagine if I had a job, would I get anything done??

We had a great party for Nicholas, had to have a Thomas the Train party for him, even though we did the same thing for Evan. Poor little guy will be following in Evan's footsteps for everything, but I guess that is an advantage of having a big brother. We had 12 kids and I lost count of the adults, but I think a good time was had by all. I figured since this house is covered with toys and Nick does not have a clue yet, that we would ask for donations for a needy Guatemalan family instead of more toys. I think it went over great, our guests donated over $300.00!!! I think that is great! I received a very nice thank you from the site www.mayanfamilies.com, $300 goes a long way in Guatemala. Maybe some of it will be used for the family of the little girl that didn't get to grow up in Mayberry. I swear even on my craziest days, which are many, I would still open our home to another Guatemalan angel. But don't let me go there, too depressing. My mom and dad are the best! They gave Nick a check for $50, and in my dad's gruffest, sweetest voice said, 'we are giving him $50 like we do every birthday, you can do with it what you want'. Too funny. If you go to the site, they are posting Nick's picture. She said it would be on by tomorrow.

Mike and the boys walked to the store to get MORE milk. We need to get a cow for the backyard. I swear, these guys drink 1/2 gallon everyday! So we are constantly at the store, oh well, it's good daddy time. Today we caught a caterpillar in the back yard. Evan is all about bugs. We have a giant wasp that is sleeping in the kitchen, that they like to look at. We have a cricket that is actually still alive after 3 days. They have it in this little container and they love to carry it around the house and then show it to everyone who comes over, poor little bug. Then today the caterpillar, it is kinda cool looking. I did a search on the web to see what kind it is and what it would eat, I did not realize there were so many different kind of 'pillars. Evan named him Cal, so we will see how long he lasts. It is always an adventure in the back yard. I told Mike that we used to have fun in the hot tub out there, now we are collecting bugs and playing in the sand box! Oh well, I love it!

Evan's potty training is going great, thanks to my mom. She potty trained him while Mike and I were having fun in Mexico. But he does not like to go #4, that's what he calls #2. So I am dealing with that, but the peeing is a breeze. And he has a million penis questions!!! Everyday, every minute ... and he constantly has to remind me that I do not have one. Lots and lots of questions!

Gotta run, I hear them coming in the back door. Time for dinner!

2 comments:

One Busy Momma said...

Yea for Thomas parties!!!! I'm so glad that you were able to get such a generous amount for Mayan Families!!!
So funny bout the penis ?'s!!! We have some great quotes from our guys too!!!!!

Glad to see you updated your blog!
Your boys are getting soo big!

Denise

Donna said...

Tell me about it, today Evan says to me, 'mom do you know Hannah Montanna?' What??? He is 3! Come to find out the babysitter was watching Disney channel the other night, so now he knows Hannah! I just want to put him in a little box and not let him grow up at all!

Later!