Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nicholas is all better!



Today is a new day. Evan is reading 'Goodnight Moon' to Nick. YEAH.

Yesterday both boys were really sick. Evan started in the morning when we were still upstairs, told me that he felt funny. Sure enough he was. Got him almost to the toilet. Then Nick went down for his nap at 1, about 1:30 he was crying. I went up to check and when I opened the door, oh brother. He was just sitting there like help. I didn't even know where to start. I grabbed new pj's and brought him downstairs. Got him cleaned up in new jammies. Went and sat on the couch with him in my lap, I did not have a towel with me, big mistake! He started in again. Back to the bathroom, let him finish, he was crying the whole time. Now he is just in a diaper and wrapped in a fresh towel. Back to the couch, here he goes again. That went on until about 4:15. He was so tired, he kept trying to fall asleep and then he would wake up to yak.

I was scheduled to go to yoga at 3:30 and then a Planning Commission meeting at 7. I called the babysitter at 3 and told her that we would not be going to yoga and I would not need her for babysitting later. Luckily I had purchased pedilite just last week, so I was able to give Nick small amounts of that, but he just brought them right back up. Around 6:45 he started making noises and would actually get off my lap to grab a train, I knew we were on the way to recovery. At 7, the phone rings, I figure it was Mike after his long hard day on the golf course. It was someone from the Planning Commission meeting, asking if there was any way I could make the meeting. You have to be kidding me! I told her that I have been dealing with 2 sick kids all day, she didn't seem to mind. Offered to come over and watch them, so that I could go to the meeting. Now picture this, I have not showered yet today, I am sure that I have more than one vomit splatter on my Stray Dog sweatshirt, I can't remember if I brushed my teeth this morning, or my hair, and she wants me at a meeting. Holy Crap! Needless to say, I did not go. Now you might wonder the urgency in this meeting? Well we are reviewing the site plan for the new dog park! For everyone who knows my love of animals, that is not the way to get me out of the house, not even if I were vomit free.

So we are hanging at the house today, just hanging!

2 comments:

mamaofsix said...

You need to write a book:-) I LOVE your view on motherhood! It's so true....been there done that! The way you tell it brings a smile to my face:-)

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Donna your sarcasm makes me laugh--actually reminds me of myself. Sorry the boys are sick and I wouldn't have gone to the meeting either, the kids come first!
Hope all is well--soon!
Becky T.