Thursday, April 10, 2008

Looking way back ...



I remember this day like it was yesterday. It was July 19, 2005 about 6:45 a.m. We were getting Evan dressed to take back to the foster family. They were already in the lobby of the hotel. I was trying not to cry. I was crying, but trying to hold it together to not scare Evan. We spent 3 glorious days just looking at him, holding him, watching him sleep and trying to figure him out. I think back to how naive we were, In love, but naive. So happy we took all those pictures of our beautiful first born!

2 comments:

mamaofsix said...

I just looked at picks yesterday of the first time we had to give Ari back. It seems like a lifetime ago but those feelings are so fresh in my mind. I had never done something so painful in my life!! Looking from then to now, she has turned into an amazing little "sassy" girl:-) She loves to read books, talk, fight with her brothers, and push her mommy's buttons:-)

Robyn said...

What a precious pic!! July 19, 2005 is a memorable day for us, too. Its the day we received Gabriella's referral. :) Its hard to believe its been almost 3 years. It seems like only yesterday.

Robyn