Monday, March 10, 2008

My poor toe



Oh, poor me, look at my toe! I had a little accident at the house today. I was lugging in the tubs of Easter decorations for my two little angels when I fell down the 'stair' leading into the living room, my leg went totally behind my body and this is what I ended up with. UCK. So I sat there for several minutes, both the boys were napping, thankfully. I was able to move my leg, but my toes, oh boy. So finally after at least 3 minutes I was able to get back on my feet. Not too much damage, but I wanted to take a picture for sympathy from my husband. He thinks all I do is watch Oprah re-runs all day long. So I went outside and cleared all the snow away and took this picture. I think I will be fine soon. Unfortunately the timing is right as he is headed to Mexico, so sad, so bad. Maybe he will bring me back a gift this time.


Well, I must confess, these are not my toes. But I did fall. Last fall I fell and actually broke a toe on my left foot, this time I probably just sprained a toe on my right foot. I am fine, just trying to get some sympthany from my husband before he goes to Mexico for 'work'. It doesn't really hurt too much, just when I sit too long. I will be fine. But I will probably not be able to train anymore for the 8K that we are doing in Chicago at the end of the month. And that is a shame, I was working up to 7 minute miles. Well ... another lie. I have not started training yet, but now I have an excuse to not train at all, and I am soooooooooooooooo happy!


When I was searching on line for ucky pictures of broken toes, I ran across Sarah Larson and George Clooney. Or in other words, Donna and Mike. Don't you think we kinda look like them? Well, she broke her toe in an accident with George, that is why she was sporting the crutches back whenever she was sporting crutches. So I didn't use her toes, but I was thinking I could impose my toes on her body and nobody would know the difference!! Ha, have another drink!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Donna Sue you definitely should have gone with us for a pedicure!!!! And what is up with the duct tape do you people not believe in bandaids???????