Thursday, January 24, 2008

Evan and his new dirt.

Evan received this wonderful toy. It reminds me of a time long ago, before kids. My sister's sister-in-law had a little girl. So for her 8th or 9th birthday, I bought her an ant farm. I had always wanted one of those when I was a kid, but of course my mom said it was too messy. So when I went to the toy store for Sara I thought back to that ant farm. I mailed it to Florida along with the money to buy the ants, but I'm sure the box was never opened and went straight to Goodwill. Well Evan just received the 2008 version of the ant farm. My friend in Chicago, Julie, who doesn't have any kids, she gave Evan an inside sand toy. It has 3 different colors of sand. The box says the sand will not dry out and will provide many hours of creativity. So today as it was 32 below out, out came the sand. First I had to figure out how to preserve my new table, what if this stuff stains? So after I finally have an idea, tape a garbage bag to the table, I'm gathering the things I need and Evan is repeating over and over and over, 'can I do it now mommy?' Finally, I get the sand on the table, he of course wants to mix all 3 colors together. So it soon really looks like sand. He loves this toy. I have to put Nick in his high chair because he is eating anything that falls to the floor, which was a lot. I read the box, it said not to eat the stuff, but not in giant letters and it didn't give a 800 number or a Dr.'s name, so I was not too worried. We will see just how much he did eat at next diaper change. Maybe I will let Mike have that one, the sand was red, yellow and green, could be funny. So I made a slide show of Evan and his sand. When I put him down for his nap today, I told him that if he did not cry at nap time, I would let him watch a video when he got up. He says to me, "I don't want to watch a video, I want to play with that dirt."

Thanks Julie!




Click to play Sand
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

1 comment:

mamaofsix said...

Is that moon sand? Aden goes crazy with that stuff!