Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kiss your loved ones today!

It is 9:30 in the morning and the boys are already watching The Polar Express. Mommy did not sleep at all last night, well daddy did not either, but he had to go to work. I woke at 3 and laid in bed until 5, then got up and tried to get past the boys rooms to get downstairs, they both woke up. Mike took Nick, I took Evan, tried to get him back to sleep in the guest room. My good friend Mary Fran called me today with bad news, her neighbors 25 year old daughter was in a fatal accident on I-94. So sad. Mary Fran was so upset, I talked to her for about 20 minutes on the phone, then Evan woke from his nap and the birthday madness started, so I put it in the back of my head. Well, when I tried to sleep, I started to think about what that poor family is going to be going through for the rest of forever. I just laid in bed and cried. Next month it will be 20 years ago that Dotty had her fatal accident. So all of that came flooding back and hit me like a ton of bricks. She would be turning 45 this year. Sometimes I still can't believe that she is even gone. It's like she should walk in the door and start telling me some funny story, but she never does. I always wonder what she would be like now? Would she be married? Would she have kids, God I hope so. Would she still live in Wabash, I'm sure of that, mom and dad would not have let her leave! Would she be a good Aunt, I'm sure of that one. That poor family will have all of those same questions as the years go on. Every holiday, every picture taken, every special moment is missing something. Always missing. I have been down that 'what if' road a million times, they will be on it too. I'm going to send them a card, even though I don't know them real well. That's one thing I have become better at, sending cards to people greiving. Grief is such a strange thing. Everyone does it differently. I don't know what I will say, just 'I'm sorry', I guess. What else can you say?

Just kiss and hug your loved ones today.

2 comments:

mamaofsix said...

Sending hugs your way!!

rara said...

I still send cards to Dawn and I email Shawn about his accident===I know they went through hell this Christmas thinking about Nick's family. Wish I could have been there.

I am sorry for your grief. I know how much you miss Dottie. XO, Donna.