Monday, December 3, 2007

Counting down to Christmas

Well the Christmas fun has started at the Messingers! Evan received an advent calender from one of the ladies at Sit & Knit in NB. I thought that was really sweet of her. So yesterday after his little melt down at church, I didn't feel like giving him a piece of chocolate, so we waited until today to open the first window. I thought there was just going to be a little picture behind the window, but oh no, there was a little piece of chocolate there. Evan doesn't even know what it is until I tell him that it is candy, then he gets the idea. So I am trying to explain the reason for the calender, he is just asking for more chocolate. I put the calender on the counter and tell him he will get another one tomorrow, but he has to be good for Santa. So the boys are running around and I am emptying the dish washer for the 27th time today. The boys are too quiet. I look over and they are on the floor with the advent calender. Evan immediately gets up and takes off into the new room, Nicky is just standing there looking at me. So I pick up the calender, 3 of the windows have been opened and there are 2 missing pieces of chocolate. I call to Evan, 'what is going on here'? He has his back to me and he says 'I don't remember'. Remember when you were little and you were looking for something that you were not supposed to have and your mom would say 'what are you looking for'? And you would say 'nothing'. And then my mom would always say, 'do you want it in a bag'? So anyway, whenever Evan has done something that he isn't supposed to do, he says 'I don't remember'? And he says it very seriously. So I yell for him to come over beside me, well when he turns around he has chocolate all over his face! I was trying not to laugh. So I say to him, 'who ate these chocolate pieces'? He says, 'Nicky'. I didn't snap a picture, I was laughing to hard! Here we go!!!

No comments: