Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm a little bit country, and you're a little bit rock and roll

Hi All,
I have been singing that song since last Friday, that's when Donny Osmond was on Oprah! I watched that show with such emotion. I have been talking about him ever since, so much that Mike is dying his hair black and growing it into a shag. Donny Osmond, I had the biggest crush ever on him, I felt like I was right back in my old bedroom singing into my hair brush, One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, now, give me one more chance, I could go on and on! It was the early 70's, I didn't even have my braces yet, but I'm sure I had a bad haircut and probably a really bad perm! Remember home perms, I got one about every 6 weeks! Oh I had visions of Donny and Donna Osmond, wouldn't that have been cute? I swear if I could post my seventh grade picture I actually looked like him, scary. Well except for my bad teeth. But I loved Donny Osmond, not any of the other brothers, just Donny. How could you not love that smile? He has a birthday coming up, if you didn't have it marked on your calendar. He will be turning 50 on December 9. A girl can dream.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

So I agree, I hate to admit. I loved him too, only now I don't, get over it Donna! ha I did see him on Larry King with Marie and he is so sweet, he was defending Marie about her son in rehab. I think I liked him more, I saw in in Joseph and the Amazind Dream Coat and you didn't, and you even lived in Chicago

mamaofsix said...

You totally crack me up!!! My mom loved Donny, too!!! Whenever I need a pick me up I check out your blog! You need to come this way soon so we can have a "girls night out" I am so ready!!!

rara said...

Yeah, but who do you like better? Donny or Abe?