Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thing 1 and 2



Had to post again another picture of Thing 1 and 2. This was taken right before we left for MOPS today. They looked so cute. In the 20 minute drive to MOPS I kept telling them about how much fun they were going to have and did they remember this school from last year, so when we got there, they both went right into their separate classes, no problem at all. Since today was the first day, there was this kiddy carnival planned with popcorn, games, juice boxes and all sorts of fun. So I pick up Evan in his room, he is ready with his tickets, then we go to Nick's room. I can see the teacher has him on her lap and he has his tickets in his hand, they must have told him that I was coming. He had these giant teardrops in his eyes, the teacher said to him 'see I told you mommy was coming back'. He runs for me and turns back to her and says 'thank you, bye', and the whole time he is trying not to cry. It was so precious. He has the best manners, even when he is mad. He will be crying about something and when I finally give in, he will just give me this 'thank you', like it's about time.

Evan is doing great on the poop front! I am so happy to say. I have never been so consumed with someone going to the bathroom. But I think he has it down, he will go #1 by himself and #4 with help. This is all that I have been able to think about lately. I was telling the next door neighbor about him going to school and how much he liked it and we got on the subject of potty training. She wanted to know how often he goes, she meant pre school of course. But I was thinking poop, so I was giving her his whole BM schedule. I finally notice this odd look on her face, holy crap. I'm a girl, we are not consumed with all the sounds and funny things that come out of our bodies, girls don't even toot. So with Evan and all the questions and the explaining constantly, I am consumed with poop.

2 comments:

One Busy Momma said...

Your little guys are looking sooo grown up! Gosh they are cute!!!
Too funny about being consummed with poop!
Us too!!!!
2 are done and we are going to start on #3 very soon!!!!! IT will be soooooooo nice to NOT change hundreds of diapers a week!
Glad they like the activities at MOPS! and I'm glad YOU get to get out! It's nice to talk to adults!

Denise

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Donna,
I met you today at McDonalds in Wabash! It was so nice chatting with you and I cannot wait to look at your whole blog! Megan and I were talking as we left how amazing the connection of adoption is!! I'm glad we met and your boys are the most adorable boys ever!!!!
Carmen Fleck